Total Pageviews

Friday, December 24, 2010

"CHUBBY"

Merriam-Webster defines Chubby as: "Plump"

I have to admit this definition actually made me feel better. I think it’s because it left out the word "fat"...


Me and My Fitness:

Some ancient graphs show that I should weigh anywhere from 105 to 115. And I assume that this is possible ... IF I had no muscle mass what so ever!

I teeter between 150 and 155 lbs.
I am 5'2"
I am 34 years old.

105-115 sounds grossly underweight for me. I don’t want to be skin and bones. Matter of fact, I would rather have a little extra than none at all.

My weakness? COOKIES.
When am I at my weakest? During PMS.

Yes, folks. I am using this excuse.

You see, my hormones rage so out of control, sometimes I think I have some sort of rare disease that no one cares to know about other than myself...

I have tried it all. Herbs, exercise, weight loss, dairy free, more fruit, more veggies, no meat, birth control, anti depressants, ice, heat, extra sleep, and magic potions.

Why is this so important that I am sharing it with you? Because it plays a huge roll in my failed attempts to stabilize my diet and my exercise for more than 20 consecutive days. Like people must do in running to break through to the next level, I have to ignore what my brain is telling me during these two weeks and push through it with out allowing my hormones to throw me off track...

Running:

I have been running now for a little over a year. I think it is now a lifelong habit - although at times I worry I will just stop one day due to my lack of improvement and the discouragement this causes.

I like to see improvement when I run. And for the first 6 months I saw A LOT of improvement. Then I got my first injury :( It was really tough. I am still careful of pushing myself to far in fear of re-injury.


My Weight:

Most of all, the excess weight I have had since I was 6 years old, has affected my fitness today more than I ever thought it would. My joints have been weekend and abused. My heart has been strained. My tendons and posture have been tortured.

I didn’t realize this back in 1998 when I was 200 lbs (75 lbs overweight). But I had finally decided to do something about my weight. I signed up for a college course in swimming. I cut out most fat from my diet. I allowed myself 20 grams of fat a day. It worked. I lost 70 lbs and got down to 125 lbs in about a year. I was going to the gym and I was feeling great. But I never REALLY challenged myself physically. Not until my running stopped improving and not until I had my first injury 6 months ago.

Conclusion:

This is my first blog. I currently weight 152.8 (as of this morning). My goal is to lose 20 lbs but in a lot healthier way this time. I would like to lose 1 lb per week. This puts my goal date at May 1st, 2011.

Follow along to see how I do. I will try and post my progress every day - weighing in only once a week - Saturday mornings.

No comments:

Post a Comment