Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 25, 2010

I did OK for a Holiday

Merry Christmas!
My day consisted of the following:


1. Slept in late (8:30)
2. Made breakfast (I had FF yogurt with granola and a cup of coffee)
3. Opened gifts
4. Started to read my new book from Santa: Running Anatomy
5. Feel asleep reading
6. Had all natural apple sauce and a banana in attempt not to overeat at the Xmas Party
7. Went to Xmas party
8. Ate well if you don’t count the triple layer chocolate cake :(
9. Came home
10. Today's workout: Total Time 1hr 15min


Warmed up - 30 min: by playing XBOX 360 Kinect, Game: Fighters Uncaged This is a mixed martial arts game. I played it for about 30 minutes. It was the first time I played it so these 30 minutes consisted of me training. I learned how to throw several types of punches as well as kicks. This was not very aerobic but it got my muscles nice and warm and definitely helped with working on my balance as well as stretched my lower body.


Walk/Run 2 Miles: After I was nice and warm I leashed up the dogs to head out for my run. I have been working on my running form. I have had a re-occurring injury that I have not been able to shake. I thought that my form had something to do with it. I started the Chi Running program about 2 weeks ago and it has improved my ability to run longer distances without pain in my Hip Flexor. Part of ensuring I perform Chi Running properly requires me to start running from the beginning; Focusing on form and graduating into longer runs over 8 weeks. Today I finished Week 2 which had me focus on engaging my core and running 3 minutes then walking 1 minute (repeating 8 times). Each time I stopped to walk I was to check my form. I ended up having to break this up in to two miles. The first mile with the dogs - then dropping them off at home and continuing on for my second mile free from doggie shenanigans.


Cool Down and Stretched - 15 min.


11. Took shower - by this time it was about 7 pm. I wasn't very hungry but I knew that in two hours I would be and it would be too late to eat. I compromised by eating a cup of yogurt with granola. This was light enough to make up for the chocolate cake I had at lunch. :)

Over all I feel good about today. I wish I could take back the cake but considering it’s a holiday I feel I should give myself a little slack. If I don’t give in a little bit every once in a while, I tend to give in too much in a less controlled manner at a later date. Does that make sense???


Over and out...


No comments:

Post a Comment