Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My Fitness and my PMS :/

Its been two weeks to the day since I have written AT ALL...

I felt really good going in to my new fitness plan and I thought that, by taking advantage of the best two weeks of the month for me, it would give me time to get my momentum up enough so that it would carry me through my two weeks of pms hell. I thought wrong.

My eating did not suffer much. I traveled which lead me to have a cookie...a piece of cake and I ate out... once...which are things I might have done anyway. For a two week period that doesn't seem so bad I guess.

But what did suffer was my workouts. It has also been two weeks since I worked out ( I am not counting my walks with the dogs).

I did weigh in yesterday morning at 152...meaning i gained .6 lbs or so.

I am not really sure what did it. I am assuming it was a little bit of everything: traveling, water weight, no exercise and of course the sweets. But it is best that I do not spend too much time on the weight I have gained. It will only discourage me and make me want to give up.

Instead, I went to the gym today. I told myself I would revert back to my last level of Chi Running in order to complete my work out and feel good about the time I spent in the gym - to give myself a little encouragement.

This was my work out:

10 min warm up - fast pace walking
42 min run/walk - 5 min run with 1.5 min walk (repeated 6 times)
5 min cool down
15 min stretching
upper body weights - bench press, arm curls, overhead press, bench dips

I barely made it to my Chir run/walk goal which just reinforced that two weeks of not using it...definately means losing it. Its good I didnt let it go longer. I felt good about my work out over all. I am exhausted and sore already!

One thing I did notice today when running was my heart rate. It concerns me but hopefully I have no reason to be concerned. During my running intervals I was careful not to go too fast yet my heart rate at the end of my intervals was at 175+ ... I must to some research on where my heart rate should be when I consider myself to only putting in medium to medium-hard effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment