Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Weigh-In Day: Fruit and My Health

Today is the last day of my first week of eating differently to achieve a greater level of fitness for myself. My long term goal is to be able to run more efficiently and increase my speed.

Last Saturday I weighed in at 152.8
Today I weighed in at 151.4
Total loss for this last week = 1.4 lbs

18.6 out of 20 lbs to go...

Workout Today:
Warm up
5 min running using my new Chi Running Form
2 min walking at a fast pace
Repeated 6x
Stretched

Total distance =3.5 miles
Total time = 40 min

My Best Accomplishment This Week: Fruit

http://www.thefruitpages.com/

When I was growing up one of the things that frustrated me most was when I told my mom I was hungry and she would respond, "Eat a piece of fruit." Even better was when she told me, "Drink a glass of water."

This week I traded those frustrating memories into positive lessons. Tuesday I found myself just sitting at my desk staring at my apple - it was 10:30 am - too early for lunch but I was so hungry. The apple had been on my desk since the prior Friday and I was worried it was too ripe and too soft (I cant stand it when they get grainy). My thoughts would shift from the apple to the the chocolate in my drawer. It sounds so dramatic but when I am hungry, all sorts of craziness develops in my mind. I didn't want the apple AT ALL - but I was hungry! Then I realized I was thinking way too much about the damn apple! Just eat it!!! I grabbed the apple off my desk. As soon as I bit into it and tasted how sweet it was, my whole mood changed. It was perfect. I didn't even want the chocolate anymore. I enjoyed every bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment